Goal blitz for Harleston Town
Harleston Town 7, Freethorpe 0HARLESTON Town returned to league action this week looking to build on their recent impressive form with a victory against Freethorpe.
Harleston Town 7, Freethorpe 0
HARLESTON Town returned to league action this week looking to build on their recent impressive form with a victory against Freethorpe.
Harleston welcomed back the influential centre midfield duo of Jake Imrie and James Trudgill into the side after they both missed the previous week's cup victory over UEA.
Harleston started the game confidently and had the best of the early exchanges with David Norman and Jake Imrie both going close. Despite their dominance of possession Town had to wait till the 25th minute for their opening goal when Andre Novaks great delivery from the left found Dan Burrett at the far post to head home the opener.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after taking the lead Harleston doubled their advantage when Imrie made amends for his earlier miss by firing an unstoppable 20 yard strike into the top corner of the net. The dangerous Novak made it 3-0 before the interval when the goalkeeper was unable to keep out his short following a strong run from left midfield.
Harleston started the second half on the front foot once more. Substitute Bubby Dade persistence paid off after he forced the goalkeeper into an error to claim his first goal for the club shortly before the hour mark.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
Harleston were now enjoying themselves and looked like they could score every time they went forward.
David Norman fired in the fifth goal from the penalty spot before substitute, Matty Goreham, fired in the sixth from close range after unselfish work from Dan Burrett. Fionn Goodwin Wright completed the scoring with a cool finish with five minutes remaining.
MoM: Young full-back Chris Lane with an assured display at right-back in his first start for the club.
Meanwhile, in Lowestoft and District League Division Two, Harleston Reserves earned their first point of the season last weekend away to Crusaders in a 1-1 draw. (Brown).
However, were defeated 3-2 (Brown, Rose) away to Ellingham this weekend.