Good battling by Tangerines
Norwich Utd Res 1, Diss Res 0 DISS Reserves put in one of their better midweek away performances in recent years and were narrowly beaten in a close match.
Norwich Utd Res 1, Diss Res 0
DISS Reserves put in one of their better midweek away performances in recent years and were narrowly beaten in a close match.
United had more of the ball in the first half but were restricted to mainly long-range shots. However, Aaron Bunn was forced to make a fine save to keep out a shot from the edge of the penalty area by Joe Cook and Rob Coote blocked near the goal line from Craig Beeden seven minutes before half-time.
The pace of the Diss forwards was causing problems with Robert Thornton saving a Jake McDowall header at a Kirk Bardsley free-kick and soon after a defender got back to clear from near the goal line after Bardsley rounded Thornton wide on the left and shot after a superb long pass from Steve Beasley.
You may also want to watch:
Diss had most of the attacking play early in the second half. Bardsley was just wide after Karl Ansley, Terry Minshull, McDowall and Steve Beasley had linked up to release Sean Cook on the right just 30 seconds into the second half.
Bardsley had his shot blocked after Cook and McDowall linked up to create the opening.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Bunn arched back to palm away a header from Beeden at a free-kick.
A minute later the only goal of the game was scored when a cross was diverted in from close range by Joe Cook. Thornton saved from Bardsley and Ansley late in the game as Diss went in search of the equaliser that their second half play deserved. However, the final save of the game was made by Bunn to deny J Cook, cutting in from the left.
MoM: Sean Cook had a fine match at right-back.