Good times roll for Stradbroke A
Stradbroke A beat Ipswich and East Suffolk II by seven wickets in MSCAlliance Section B.Those old enough to remember Stradbroke's dramatic rise from Sections E to A in the early Nineties, are now surely witnessing a repeat.
Stradbroke A beat Ipswich and East Suffolk II by seven wickets in MSCAlliance Section B.
Those old enough to remember Stradbroke's dramatic rise from Sections E to A in the early Nineties, are now surely witnessing a repeat.
Having won Section C at a canter last year, the perfunctory manner in which they dismissed second-placed I&ES suggests they will win Section B.
The visitors started like a train, G Button thrashing a brisk 42, while Stradbroke chipped away at the other end, removing three partners.
Between rain breaks, disrupting the rhythm of the match, H Banerjee wristily manoeuvred the ball around, reaching his half-century just before Steve Warner (4-21) wrapped up the innings on 149.
Skipper David Allum, part of that earlier rampaging team, noted the possibility of weather intervening, so trusted himself to score quickly.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
He made 56 out of 85 scored, including two big sixes and five fours. I&ES had no answers.
Stuart Taylor (40) and Simon Higgins (24), two men in comfortable control of their batting, kept out the good balls, despatched the bad ones, and guided Stradbroke over the winning line.
Ipswich & East Suffolk II 149, Stradbroke A 150-3.