Great season for Stratton school
IT has been an unbelievable season for the Long Stratton High School's football teams. Mark Passey, Head of PE said: “What has been achieved this year is unprecedented and unlikely to occur very easily in the future.
IT has been an unbelievable season for the Long Stratton High School's football teams.
Mark Passey, Head of PE said: “What has been achieved this year is unprecedented and unlikely to occur very easily in the future.” Long Stratton is a small high school but the teams have appeared in eight finals winning seven of them. They are as follows:
Year Eight: County Cup Champions, South Norfolk League and Cup winners; Year Nine: South Norfolk League winners; Year 10 South: Norfolk League and Cup winners; Year 11 South: Norfolk Cup winners, League runners-up.
As part of the updating of the school entrance, a new trophy cabinet has been bought, but this is now too small with all the trophies that have been won.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Adam, head teacher, said: “A special thank you to Mark Passey, head of PE, for all his hard work with the teams, and congratulations to the team themselves.”
Neil Collins, chair of governors, said: “Mention football to most people and they think of overpaid millionaires and a glamorous lifestyle. This is what football is really about though, your people enjoying themselves, learning about team work and putting the effort in to succeed.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 8 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 9 Ministers 'should pause primary school tests to allow children to catch up'
- 10 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
“We're hugely proud of everything that all the teams have achieved this season and to get such amazing success across the board from a relatively small school like Long Stratton is unbelievable.”