Great start for Harleston
Harleston Town 2, Wymondham Reserves 1HARLESTON made it maximum points with their second win of the season against a strong Wymondham side.Town started brightly creating lots of chances.
Harleston Town 2, Wymondham Reserves 1
HARLESTON made it maximum points with their second win of the season against a strong Wymondham side.
Town started brightly creating lots of chances. Goodwin Wright, Imrie and Trudgill all going close. Town took a deserved lead when Trudgill broke free and finished well.
You may also want to watch:
Town continued to create chances. Trudgill doubled their advantage with another cool finish. Norman, Goodwin Wirght and Imrie all went close before Wymondham pulled a goal back but Town held on to deservedly claim the win.
JD Young MoM: James Trudgill.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
Cromer Reserves 1, Harleston Town 3
Harleston came away from the long trip to promotion favourites Cromer with three points thanks to two goals in the last two minutes.
Harleston entered the game knowing it would be a strong test with three key players unavailable and Cromer having finished third last season.
David Norman beat his man before floating in a great cross which Dan Burrett finished to give Town the lead. The hosts equalized with a header in the second half.
Two minutes from time, Norman found space on the wing and drilled the ball across the face of goal for Goodwin Wright to score. Goodwin Wright then scored again with the last kick of the game to seal the points and maintain Town's 100 percent start to the season.
JD Young Man Of The Match: David Norman. Fantastic wing play and creativity from the big centre forward.