Harleston all set for play-offs
HARLESTON Magpies Men played their last league game of the season and made it 11 wins out of 11 by beating Cambridge City 1-0.It also meant they had defeated the only team in the league who have managed to take points off them this season.
HARLESTON Magpies Men played their last league game of the season and made it 11 wins out of 11 by beating Cambridge City 1-0.
It also meant they had defeated the only team in the league who have managed to take points off them this season.
This match set them up into the forthcoming game against Fareham - the first of five play-off games to make it into the National League.
City managed to win a short corner but Magpies defended well preventing themselves from going a goal down.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Martin made a good save to prevent the ball from entering the net.
The first half came to an end with both teams remaining goalless.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 4 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 5 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 8 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
Mark Lewis took his place in goal for the second half to make his debut for the 1st XI and made some first-rate saves.
Some good runs were made with some further chances.
Another short corner was conceded, but was defended well yet again.
City had some good play but Mark Lewis made some first-rate saves on his first-team debut.
Chris Barber won a short corner and Tristan Baynes converted this when he struck the ball with fury into the back of the goal.
Cambridge City continued to battle right to the end.