Harleston back to winning ways
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves. With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves.
With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
The game was pretty much dominated by Harleston who went close early on through Sam Wilby. The keeper saving with his outstretched leg.
The second half AFC Norwich nearly scored from a corner but luckily Marc Pierce cleared off the line to keep the game level.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining Finn Goodwin Wright hit a superb corner for Matt Goreham to head home and give Town the lead. Within five minutes of taking the lead AFC Norwich pushed up to get an equaliser but were caught on the break and Finn Goodwin Wright produced a sublime chip over the advancing keeper.
Paul Bliss and Finn Goodwin Wright were outstanding throughout the game.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
Final score: AFC Norwich Reserves 0, Harleston Town FC 2.
Harleston host Blofield Reserves at the recreation ground on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.