Harleston back to winning ways
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves. With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves.
With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
The game was pretty much dominated by Harleston who went close early on through Sam Wilby. The keeper saving with his outstretched leg.
The second half AFC Norwich nearly scored from a corner but luckily Marc Pierce cleared off the line to keep the game level.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining Finn Goodwin Wright hit a superb corner for Matt Goreham to head home and give Town the lead. Within five minutes of taking the lead AFC Norwich pushed up to get an equaliser but were caught on the break and Finn Goodwin Wright produced a sublime chip over the advancing keeper.
Paul Bliss and Finn Goodwin Wright were outstanding throughout the game.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
Final score: AFC Norwich Reserves 0, Harleston Town FC 2.
Harleston host Blofield Reserves at the recreation ground on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.