Harleston back to winning ways
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves. With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves.
With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
The game was pretty much dominated by Harleston who went close early on through Sam Wilby. The keeper saving with his outstretched leg.
The second half AFC Norwich nearly scored from a corner but luckily Marc Pierce cleared off the line to keep the game level.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining Finn Goodwin Wright hit a superb corner for Matt Goreham to head home and give Town the lead. Within five minutes of taking the lead AFC Norwich pushed up to get an equaliser but were caught on the break and Finn Goodwin Wright produced a sublime chip over the advancing keeper.
Paul Bliss and Finn Goodwin Wright were outstanding throughout the game.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Final score: AFC Norwich Reserves 0, Harleston Town FC 2.
Harleston host Blofield Reserves at the recreation ground on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.