Harleston back to winning ways
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves. With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
HARLESTON Town got back to winning ways against AFC Norwich Reserves.
With key players still out of the squad through injury, the team produced a workman like performance.
The game was pretty much dominated by Harleston who went close early on through Sam Wilby. The keeper saving with his outstretched leg.
The second half AFC Norwich nearly scored from a corner but luckily Marc Pierce cleared off the line to keep the game level.
With 10 minutes remaining Finn Goodwin Wright hit a superb corner for Matt Goreham to head home and give Town the lead. Within five minutes of taking the lead AFC Norwich pushed up to get an equaliser but were caught on the break and Finn Goodwin Wright produced a sublime chip over the advancing keeper.
Paul Bliss and Finn Goodwin Wright were outstanding throughout the game.
- 1 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 4 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 5 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 6 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Obituary: Man behind Norfolk's life-after-death experiment dies aged 78
- 8 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
Final score: AFC Norwich Reserves 0, Harleston Town FC 2.
Harleston host Blofield Reserves at the recreation ground on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.