Harleston bid back on track
HARLESTON Town's promotion campaign is back on after another home win, against Blofield United Reserves. Harleston started, and approached, the game a lot better than the past few weeks and welcomed back Kieron Passey from University.
HARLESTON Town's promotion campaign is back on after another home win, against Blofield United Reserves.
Harleston started, and approached, the game a lot better than the past few weeks and welcomed back Kieron Passey from University.
Despite the good start Harleston found themselves 1-0 down.
A mix-up at the back allowed the Blofield forward to score a poacher's goal. Harleston responded immediately with an attack which saw Matt Goreham glide past a defender to slot home past the keeper.
Five minutes before half-time and Harleston were on the attack again this time Kieron Passey firing home a sweet half volley from outside the box. In the second half Harleston upped the tempo and were creating chances.
The third goal came from a Finn Goodwin Wright corner and saw Ryan London hitting the roof of the net to make it 3 1 to Harleston.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 5 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
Finn Goodwin Wright scored on the break with a ruthless finish to finish the game. Harleston play Marlingford at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.