Harleston bid back on track
HARLESTON Town's promotion campaign is back on after another home win, against Blofield United Reserves. Harleston started, and approached, the game a lot better than the past few weeks and welcomed back Kieron Passey from University.
HARLESTON Town's promotion campaign is back on after another home win, against Blofield United Reserves.
Harleston started, and approached, the game a lot better than the past few weeks and welcomed back Kieron Passey from University.
Despite the good start Harleston found themselves 1-0 down.
A mix-up at the back allowed the Blofield forward to score a poacher's goal. Harleston responded immediately with an attack which saw Matt Goreham glide past a defender to slot home past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes before half-time and Harleston were on the attack again this time Kieron Passey firing home a sweet half volley from outside the box. In the second half Harleston upped the tempo and were creating chances.
The third goal came from a Finn Goodwin Wright corner and saw Ryan London hitting the roof of the net to make it 3 1 to Harleston.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
Finn Goodwin Wright scored on the break with a ruthless finish to finish the game. Harleston play Marlingford at the Recreation Ground on Saturday.