Harleston end year on top
Harleston Town dug out a victory against a somewhat strengthened Brandon Town side to end the year at the top of the table. Harleston started the game the stronger of the two sides but the final ball let them down on a number of occasions.
Harleston Town 3,
Brandon Town 2
Harleston Town dug out a victory against a somewhat strengthened Brandon side to end the year at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Four table.
Harleston made the breakthrough after 30 minutes with a good ball
You may also want to watch:
from Wes Holloway to striker Ben Green who spilt the defence for Mahboubinik to round the keeper and slot home.
Unfortunately, Harleston did not hold on to their lead and gave away a sloppy goal to put Brandon Town back in the game.
- 1 Diss kickboxer, 17, to fight for Great Britain at world championships
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Diss RAF hero who lost both legs nominated for national award
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 'Be kind... be thoughtful' - Paramedic's plea for fuel calm goes viral
- 9 Severe delays on the A140 in Newton Flotman
- 10 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
After a frantic five minutes Harleston scored their second goal, this time a superb cross from Ondre Novak was headed home by Marc Pierce to make it 2-1 at half-time.
The second half Harleston again started the stronger of the two sides and continued to create chances but the final ball let them down.
It wasn't until the 80th minute
when Brandon were awarded a
free-kick and the resulting kick saw keeper Steve Bartram make an acrobatic save.
Harleston's next attack was cleared by the Brandon's defence and the resulting corner saw Ryan London rise above everybody to head home and make it 3-1. Brandon scored with their next attack for a nervous finale but Harleston hung on to win.