Harleston end year on top
Harleston Town dug out a victory against a somewhat strengthened Brandon Town side to end the year at the top of the table. Harleston started the game the stronger of the two sides but the final ball let them down on a number of occasions.
Harleston Town 3,
Brandon Town 2
Harleston Town dug out a victory against a somewhat strengthened Brandon side to end the year at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Four table.
Harleston made the breakthrough after 30 minutes with a good ball
You may also want to watch:
from Wes Holloway to striker Ben Green who spilt the defence for Mahboubinik to round the keeper and slot home.
Unfortunately, Harleston did not hold on to their lead and gave away a sloppy goal to put Brandon Town back in the game.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 6 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
After a frantic five minutes Harleston scored their second goal, this time a superb cross from Ondre Novak was headed home by Marc Pierce to make it 2-1 at half-time.
The second half Harleston again started the stronger of the two sides and continued to create chances but the final ball let them down.
It wasn't until the 80th minute
when Brandon were awarded a
free-kick and the resulting kick saw keeper Steve Bartram make an acrobatic save.
Harleston's next attack was cleared by the Brandon's defence and the resulting corner saw Ryan London rise above everybody to head home and make it 3-1. Brandon scored with their next attack for a nervous finale but Harleston hung on to win.