Harleston fightback stuns Attleborough
Harleston 5, Attleborough 2
Harleston Town staged a superb fightback to come from two goals down to beat second-placed Attleborough Town – their fifth straight victory to keep their outside chance of promotion from Anglian Combination Division two very much alive.
The kick-off was delayed 20 minutes when kit was needed for the visitors after the two teams clashed.
With 10 minutes gone, Attleborough took a deserved lead when a low corner towards the near post somehow manage to elude everyone.
The visitors continued to have the upper hand. The Attleborough striker was causing Harleston problems by dropping deep and with just under 20 minutes gone he did this again to good effect, quickly switching a quality ball out to the right which their winger collected and delivered a dangerous low cross into the box which was turned into his own net by the unfortunate Ryan London.
You may also want to watch:
Town had a mountain to climb, but found themselves back in the match when a fine through ball from James Trudgill picked out Jake Imrie who kept his cool to slide the ball past the keeper.
The goal lifted Harleston and with five minutes to go before half-time they were back on level terms, Trudgill again the provider, beating his man on the edge of the box before playing in Hadlee Wright who made no mistake with the finish.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Town started the second half confidently, with the visitors seemingly rattled by their comeback.
The second balls were now being won by the home side and the passing becoming a lot more fluent.
With just under 10 minutes of the second half gone, Town edged in front when Trudgill followed up his hat-trick of goals last week with a hat-trick of assists this week by delivering a great cross into the box for Hadlee Wright to head home his 20th goal of the season.
Harleston were now in control of the game and Attleborough had their keeper to thank for keeping the score at 3-2 as he made two great stops to deny Wright a hat-trick.
Renaut also saw his header hit the post as Town looked for that important two-goal cushion. The fourth goal did arrive with 20 minutes remaining – Trudgill was brought down just over 20 yards from goal before dusting himself down to despatch a fine free-kick into the corner.
With 10 minutes left Renaut powerfully headed home Lee West's corner to score the goal his performance deserved.
MoM: David Norman.