Harleston Magpies’ Hockey Fest is open to all
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies are opening up the club to all on Saturday as part of England Hockey's Hockey Fest 2017 — the prelude to the 2017/2018 season.
Existing Magpies, returning friends and new faces are all welcome from Under 10s to Over 60s to take part in some relaxed mixed hockey for all the family.
If you play hockey, or if you've played in the past or simply just enjoy hockey coaching at school — then this is your opportunity to come down to Magpies and get on the pitch for some light-hearted games.
James Smith, Magpies' Boys Youth Development Officer, said: 'Last year over, 23,500 players attended a Hockey Fest event across the UK.
'Hockey Fest highlights the best aspects that the sport has to offer and is focused on the friendly and social side of hockey.
You may also want to watch:
'If you are feeling inspired from a summer of sport then hockey and Hockey Fest is a perfect way to join the hockey family where an equal split of men and women play, inclusive of all ages and abilities.
Many clubs have a range of generations taking part, hockey really is a family affair. We hope lots of people will come along and have a go!'
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
On Saturday Magpies will be offering mixed hockey in small format matches and competitions for all ages, including: 10.30am-12 noon: Under 10s and Under 12s Mixed Mini Hockey madness (School Years 3, 4 and 5); 11.30am-1pm: Under 14s Mixed Seven-a-side Hockey (School Years 8 and 9); 1-2.30pm: Exhibition matches for all to watch and enjoy by the clubms men's and ladies' second and third teams; 2.30-5pm: Open mixed hockey for all from ages 14 to 64 — whatever your playing experience.
All activities will culminate with a bite to eat a drink in the Magpies' bar.
Anyone interested is encouraged to come down, get active, make new friends, have fun and become part of Magpies' hockey family, whether this be within Magpies' junior age group teams at U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 or as part of the club's seven ladies' teams and six men's teams.
For more information club captains Adam Lascelles and Emma Tolhurst can be contacted by emails at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The new league hockey season gets up and running this month.