Harleston nip points off Crabs
Harleston 3, Cromer Res 2 HARLESTON welcomed fourth-place Cromer Reserves to the Rec for their first home league game since October. Harleston started brightly on an awkward surface, putting the visiting defence under early pressure.
Harleston 3, Cromer Res 2
HARLESTON welcomed fourth-place Cromer Reserves to the Rec for their first home league game since October.
Harleston started brightly on an awkward surface, putting the visiting defence under early pressure. They were unlucky not to take the lead when a goal was dubiously ruled out for offside. This seemed to kick-start Cromer who struck a post from long range, then a few moments later did break the deadlock to put the visitors 1-0 up at half-time.
Harleston started the second half brightly and equalised when Jake Imrie picked the ball up 30 yards from goal and fired an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts now had the upper hand and were looking dangerous every time they attacked, and scored again when Jake Imrie was fouled and David Norman calmly slotted home.
Harleston had chances to increase the lead but failed to capitalise.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
Then, with just a couple of minutes remaining, the visitors found a gap in the home defence and fired in to make it 2-2. Immediately from the restart Goodwin-Wright found Trudgill out wide on the left, and he raced through three challenges and found space at the keeper's near post to make it 3-2.
Harleston held out to comfortably take all three points.