Harleston return to action in fine style with four goals
Marlingford 0, Harleston Town 4
Harleston turned in a good performance to book their place in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the expense of a hard-working Marlingford side.
David Norman's well-struck 25-yard volley clattered against a post with the keeper beaten. Marlingford looked to attack but found the Harleston rearguard in a dominant mood. Harleston took the lead when James Trudgill powerful run took him past three players before being brought down, Norman netting the penalty.
Marlingford fought back and Rob Goodwin made a good save to keep Harleston in the lead, whilst the back four of West, London, Pearce and Burrett were in great form.
You may also want to watch:
A loose ball dropped to Fionn GoodwinWright who netted well. Trudgill found Norman who finished from close range. An excellent passing move found David Norman who played a great pass through to Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well past the on rushing keeper.
Town now face a tough quarter-final tie at Division Two side Attleborough on Saturday.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 4 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 5 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 6 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
JD Young MoM: Dan Burrett, a faultless display of defending and attacking from the Harleston right-back.