Harleston return to action in fine style with four goals
Marlingford 0, Harleston Town 4
Harleston turned in a good performance to book their place in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the expense of a hard-working Marlingford side.
David Norman's well-struck 25-yard volley clattered against a post with the keeper beaten. Marlingford looked to attack but found the Harleston rearguard in a dominant mood. Harleston took the lead when James Trudgill powerful run took him past three players before being brought down, Norman netting the penalty.
Marlingford fought back and Rob Goodwin made a good save to keep Harleston in the lead, whilst the back four of West, London, Pearce and Burrett were in great form.
You may also want to watch:
A loose ball dropped to Fionn GoodwinWright who netted well. Trudgill found Norman who finished from close range. An excellent passing move found David Norman who played a great pass through to Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well past the on rushing keeper.
Town now face a tough quarter-final tie at Division Two side Attleborough on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
JD Young MoM: Dan Burrett, a faultless display of defending and attacking from the Harleston right-back.