Harleston return to action in fine style with four goals
Marlingford 0, Harleston Town 4
Harleston turned in a good performance to book their place in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the expense of a hard-working Marlingford side.
David Norman's well-struck 25-yard volley clattered against a post with the keeper beaten. Marlingford looked to attack but found the Harleston rearguard in a dominant mood. Harleston took the lead when James Trudgill powerful run took him past three players before being brought down, Norman netting the penalty.
Marlingford fought back and Rob Goodwin made a good save to keep Harleston in the lead, whilst the back four of West, London, Pearce and Burrett were in great form.
You may also want to watch:
A loose ball dropped to Fionn GoodwinWright who netted well. Trudgill found Norman who finished from close range. An excellent passing move found David Norman who played a great pass through to Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well past the on rushing keeper.
Town now face a tough quarter-final tie at Division Two side Attleborough on Saturday.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
JD Young MoM: Dan Burrett, a faultless display of defending and attacking from the Harleston right-back.