Harleston return to action in fine style with four goals
Marlingford 0, Harleston Town 4
Harleston turned in a good performance to book their place in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup at the expense of a hard-working Marlingford side.
David Norman's well-struck 25-yard volley clattered against a post with the keeper beaten. Marlingford looked to attack but found the Harleston rearguard in a dominant mood. Harleston took the lead when James Trudgill powerful run took him past three players before being brought down, Norman netting the penalty.
Marlingford fought back and Rob Goodwin made a good save to keep Harleston in the lead, whilst the back four of West, London, Pearce and Burrett were in great form.
You may also want to watch:
A loose ball dropped to Fionn GoodwinWright who netted well. Trudgill found Norman who finished from close range. An excellent passing move found David Norman who played a great pass through to Fionn Goodwin Wright who finished well past the on rushing keeper.
Town now face a tough quarter-final tie at Division Two side Attleborough on Saturday.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
JD Young MoM: Dan Burrett, a faultless display of defending and attacking from the Harleston right-back.