Harleston's five-goal salvo

Beccles Tn Res 0, Harleston Tn 5HARLESTON Town travelled to Beccles looking to continue their recent ascent up the table by claiming a fourth successive victory.

Beccles Tn Res 0, Harleston Tn 5

HARLESTON Town travelled to Beccles looking to continue their recent ascent up the table by claiming a fourth successive victory.

Harleston started the game brightly, passing the ball well, despite the poor weather conditions. Dan Burrett's long- range effort was saved superbly by the Beccles keeper as Harleston had the best of the early exchanges.

At the other end of the pitch the Harleston defence stood firm against the tricky high balls launched at them in the strong wind.

As the half wore on Harleston began to take control of the game, the Beccles keeper was called into action again, making good saves to deny James Trudgill and Fionn Goodwin Wright.

With the half looking like it would remain goalless, Chris Lane broke from right-back on the 40-minute mark and delivered a great ball into the near post to find Mark Pearce, who stabbed the ball home from close range to give the visitors the lead at the break.

Most Read

The second half began with Harleston on the front foot once more, playing some excellent passing football but unable to find that crucial second goal.

However, their persistence finally paid off on 70 minutes when Fionn Goodwin Wright coolly beat the goalkeeper when one on one to give Harleston breathing space.

David Norman fired home the third from close range to cap a fine move after Dan Burrett's trickery had released James Trudgill to provide the cross.

Harleston were now enjoying themselves and were surging forward at every opportunity.

Dan Burrett added a fourth goal before super sub Matty Goreham bagged is fourth goal of the season from just six substitute appearances to complete the scoring and cap another impressive performance from Harleston.

Man of the match was Marc Pearce - with a disciplined performance in the middle of the park, capped with the important first goal.

Harleston Reserves crashed out of the League Cup, losing 6-1 away to Division One high-flyers Barsham.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter