Hat-trick of awards for Diss Town
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town FC finished off the season with the news they had been awarded three awards from Norfolk FA.
They first achieved the charter standard community club status in 2013 and have now been awarded the Norfolk FA Charter standard community club of the year 2015.
This is a fantastic achievement and reward for all the hard work that the club have put in over the last few years. On top of that, Mark Channell, the youth team secretary, has received the Norfolk FA volunteer of the year award.
And Ashley Baxter, coach of one of the youth teams, has won the Norfolk FA young volunteer of the year. The club have been keen to get young coaches involved and Ashley has done a fantastic job with his team and also running a Saturday Morning Football Club at Brewers Green Lane and a half term football course at Bressingham.
Diss also ran a junior football leaders course with Norfolk FA at the club earlier in the year to encourage younger members to get involved. This was a great success and has seen players from the youth teams have the chance to help out with coaching and refereeing at the club.
You may also want to watch:
This was seen at the summer tournament held at Brewers Green Lane with five junior leaders refereeing and others helping with registrations and score keeping etc. The tournament was full again this year with 48 teams playing across the day.
The Norfolk FA awards will be presented at a gala dinner to be held later in the year. Diss Town will now be looking to build for next season so if anybody would like to get involved at the club or interested in playing for any of the youth teams, email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'