Header sees Harleston go top
Harleston Town played St Andrews Reserves at a windswept Thorpe Recreation Ground. It was Harleston that took control of the first half and with the wind against them played some fine good attacking football.
Harleston Town played St Andrews Reserves at a windswept Thorpe Recreation Ground.
It was Harleston that took control of the first half and with the wind against them played some fine good attacking football. Ondre Novak hit a perfectly weighted pass to Matt Goreham who neatly finished past the advancing keeper to make the score at half-time 1-0.
In the second half St Andrews were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box which they duly converted. Harleston replied immediately after neat work again from Novak produced a cross for Mahboobinik to slot home.
St Andrews again came back at Harleston and from the resulting corner equalised to make it 2-2. Harleston were not to be outdone and at the last minute won a corner. Young Joel Mullin hit a superb corner and a majestic Mahboobinik header gave Harleston the points and took them to the top of the league.
You may also want to watch:
This was a game played in the right spirit under difficult circumstances for both sides.
Harleston Town donated all their match fees to St Andrews who tragically lost a player at a previous fixture for a charity of their choice.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors