Header sees Harleston go top
Harleston Town played St Andrews Reserves at a windswept Thorpe Recreation Ground. It was Harleston that took control of the first half and with the wind against them played some fine good attacking football.
Harleston Town played St Andrews Reserves at a windswept Thorpe Recreation Ground.
It was Harleston that took control of the first half and with the wind against them played some fine good attacking football. Ondre Novak hit a perfectly weighted pass to Matt Goreham who neatly finished past the advancing keeper to make the score at half-time 1-0.
In the second half St Andrews were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box which they duly converted. Harleston replied immediately after neat work again from Novak produced a cross for Mahboobinik to slot home.
St Andrews again came back at Harleston and from the resulting corner equalised to make it 2-2. Harleston were not to be outdone and at the last minute won a corner. Young Joel Mullin hit a superb corner and a majestic Mahboobinik header gave Harleston the points and took them to the top of the league.
You may also want to watch:
This was a game played in the right spirit under difficult circumstances for both sides.
Harleston Town donated all their match fees to St Andrews who tragically lost a player at a previous fixture for a charity of their choice.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu