High five for Wright
Harleston 5, Swaffam Reserves 2
HARLESTON secured three more crucial points in their quest for promotion, thanks to a lethal performance from Fionn Goodwin Wright, who scored all five goals.
Harleston started the game slowly, and Swaffham were passing the ball well and enjoying more possession, without creating too many chances.
But it was Harleston who took the lead just past the 20-minute mark when a dangerous corner from Goodwin Wright eluded everybody and found its way into the net.
On the half-hour mark, Swaffham were deservedly level with a penalty after a controversial hand-ball decision. Harleston took the lead again when Passey's strong header across goal was struck well on the volley by Goodwin Wright.
You may also want to watch:
Town's good start to the second half was soon rewarded when James Trudgill picked up the ball in his own half before making a powerful run before crossing to Goodwin Wright to secure his hat-trick. Lee West's well struck effort couldn't be held by the keeper, and it was Goodwin Wright reacted first. A mix-up gifted the Pedlars a second goal but Goodwin Wright cut in from the left before beating the keeper for the fifth time.
J D Young MoM: Goodwin Wright.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Harleston won 1-0 at Anglian Windows (James Trudgill). JD Young MoM: Paul Blissot, centre-half.