High five for Wright
Harleston 5, Swaffam Reserves 2
HARLESTON secured three more crucial points in their quest for promotion, thanks to a lethal performance from Fionn Goodwin Wright, who scored all five goals.
Harleston started the game slowly, and Swaffham were passing the ball well and enjoying more possession, without creating too many chances.
But it was Harleston who took the lead just past the 20-minute mark when a dangerous corner from Goodwin Wright eluded everybody and found its way into the net.
On the half-hour mark, Swaffham were deservedly level with a penalty after a controversial hand-ball decision. Harleston took the lead again when Passey's strong header across goal was struck well on the volley by Goodwin Wright.
You may also want to watch:
Town's good start to the second half was soon rewarded when James Trudgill picked up the ball in his own half before making a powerful run before crossing to Goodwin Wright to secure his hat-trick. Lee West's well struck effort couldn't be held by the keeper, and it was Goodwin Wright reacted first. A mix-up gifted the Pedlars a second goal but Goodwin Wright cut in from the left before beating the keeper for the fifth time.
J D Young MoM: Goodwin Wright.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
Harleston won 1-0 at Anglian Windows (James Trudgill). JD Young MoM: Paul Blissot, centre-half.