High five for Wright
Harleston 5, Swaffam Reserves 2
HARLESTON secured three more crucial points in their quest for promotion, thanks to a lethal performance from Fionn Goodwin Wright, who scored all five goals.
Harleston started the game slowly, and Swaffham were passing the ball well and enjoying more possession, without creating too many chances.
But it was Harleston who took the lead just past the 20-minute mark when a dangerous corner from Goodwin Wright eluded everybody and found its way into the net.
On the half-hour mark, Swaffham were deservedly level with a penalty after a controversial hand-ball decision. Harleston took the lead again when Passey's strong header across goal was struck well on the volley by Goodwin Wright.
Town's good start to the second half was soon rewarded when James Trudgill picked up the ball in his own half before making a powerful run before crossing to Goodwin Wright to secure his hat-trick. Lee West's well struck effort couldn't be held by the keeper, and it was Goodwin Wright reacted first. A mix-up gifted the Pedlars a second goal but Goodwin Wright cut in from the left before beating the keeper for the fifth time.
J D Young MoM: Goodwin Wright.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 4 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 How the law around using your phone while driving is changing
- 10 Interactive map: Fall in coronavirus cases in Norfolk
Harleston won 1-0 at Anglian Windows (James Trudgill). JD Young MoM: Paul Blissot, centre-half.