Hipkiss signs up again
North Norfolk's Ben Youngs and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss are among seven English stars to agree new contracts with Leicester Tigers. The duo have extended their deals with the defending Guinness Premiership champions after sparkling so far this season.
North Norfolk's Ben Youngs and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss are among seven English stars to agree new contracts with Leicester Tigers.
The duo have extended their deals with the defending Guinness Premiership champions after sparkling so far this season.
England centre Hipkiss is one of three current England internationals to pen a new deal, alongside Louis Deacon and Jordan Crane.
Scrum-half Youngs, who starred in England Saxons' victory against Ireland at the weekend, has been joined by fellow Saxons caps Dan Cole, Matt Smith and Ben Woods in tying up longer contracts at Welford Road.
You may also want to watch:
'The culture of this club is always that we want a strong core of English players and players who have come through the ranks here,' said Tigers head coach Richard Cockerill.
'The likes of Louis Deacon and Dan Hipkiss have come all the way through from the Academy to the senior team and to England status, and Ben Youngs and Dan Cole are following in their footsteps.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
'These guys all understand the culture of the club and they have a role too as an example and inspiration to all of our young players.
'All of our players have an excellent environment in which to improve their game here.'