Historic day for Diss Rugby Club
Viv ThomasDiss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.Viv Thomas
Diss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.
It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.
Henry Lind, Diss Director of Rugby, said he was 'delighted and in shock, I think.
'Two years ago we were bottom of London League Three, just missing relegation. To go up two leagues is just awesome.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got a cracking group of players and, apart from one, everyone is home grown.'
He said he was relishing the prospect of battling with North Walsham next season.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
'We have played in the cup with North Walsham and they always seemd to put their seconds out.
'In the league, we haven't played them since the league started. They have always used us as a feeder club, whether we liked it or not, so now we will be on a par.
'Looking forward to it. It will be an interesting season - and a very enjoyable one,' he added.