Historic day for Diss Rugby Club
Viv ThomasDiss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.Viv Thomas
Diss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.
It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.
Henry Lind, Diss Director of Rugby, said he was 'delighted and in shock, I think.
'Two years ago we were bottom of London League Three, just missing relegation. To go up two leagues is just awesome.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got a cracking group of players and, apart from one, everyone is home grown.'
He said he was relishing the prospect of battling with North Walsham next season.
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
'We have played in the cup with North Walsham and they always seemd to put their seconds out.
'In the league, we haven't played them since the league started. They have always used us as a feeder club, whether we liked it or not, so now we will be on a par.
'Looking forward to it. It will be an interesting season - and a very enjoyable one,' he added.