Historic day for Diss Rugby Club
Viv ThomasDiss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.Viv Thomas
Diss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.
It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.
Henry Lind, Diss Director of Rugby, said he was 'delighted and in shock, I think.
'Two years ago we were bottom of London League Three, just missing relegation. To go up two leagues is just awesome.
'We have got a cracking group of players and, apart from one, everyone is home grown.'
He said he was relishing the prospect of battling with North Walsham next season.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Greggs, Asda and John Lewis recall products over safety fears
'We have played in the cup with North Walsham and they always seemd to put their seconds out.
'In the league, we haven't played them since the league started. They have always used us as a feeder club, whether we liked it or not, so now we will be on a par.
'Looking forward to it. It will be an interesting season - and a very enjoyable one,' he added.