Historic day for Diss Rugby Club
Viv ThomasDiss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.Viv Thomas
Diss sealed the London Two North championship on Saturday with a fine 33-1`2 win over Letchworth in front of a large, jubilant crowd.
It means they have reached the highest level in the club's history.
Henry Lind, Diss Director of Rugby, said he was 'delighted and in shock, I think.
'Two years ago we were bottom of London League Three, just missing relegation. To go up two leagues is just awesome.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got a cracking group of players and, apart from one, everyone is home grown.'
He said he was relishing the prospect of battling with North Walsham next season.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
'We have played in the cup with North Walsham and they always seemd to put their seconds out.
'In the league, we haven't played them since the league started. They have always used us as a feeder club, whether we liked it or not, so now we will be on a par.
'Looking forward to it. It will be an interesting season - and a very enjoyable one,' he added.