The Easter Monday match between Fakenham Town and Diss Town at Clipbush Park was postponed due to snow which fell on Sunday. And the reserves' visit to Needham Market Reserves was also postponed.
The Easter Monday match between Fakenham Town and Diss Town at Clipbush Park was postponed due to snow which fell on Sunday.
And the reserves' visit to Needham Market Reserves was also postponed.
Neither Diss first team nor the reserves have a match this weekend. However, Diss host Gorleston on Tuesday (ko 7.45) and the reserves visit Stowmarket Reserves on Wednesday (ko 7.45).
Diss slipped to fourth place in Ridgeons Division One after the 1-0 defeat to visitors Tiptree, which sealed their promotion.
You may also want to watch:
There were regular hail and snow showers during the first half. Tiptree played the more controlled football, but Diss had more efforts on target.
Harrison Tague hit a low, skipping 40-yard shot which Michael Hilton could only palm out, but he did well to react quickly to block the follow-up shot from Tom English.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
MoM Ed Cussons made a superb block to deny Jamie Arlick. This led to Diss moving forward and Danny Partridge shooting narrowly wide.
The closest Diss came to a first-half goal was when a header from Best was deflected over the bar from a Cussons corner from the left wing.
Andrew Fulcher blazed high over the bar when a Partridge centre was headed out to him.
On 50 minutes, Hilton failed to deal with a high free-kick. He palmed the ball out to English and came out to push the ex-Sudbury forward to the floor.
Referee Neil Jordison, who had a fine match, did not hesitate in awarding a penalty. English picked himself up and confidently scored from the penalty kick.
In the 55th minute, Matty Ryland hit a low ball into the area and Benstead dived to push it out after it took a wicked deflection.
Fulcher had his follow-up shot blocked by Benstead and appeals for hand-ball were turned down when Gavin Norman blasted the ball against a defender.
A low 25-yard shot from Cussons was tipped round a post as Benstead dived to his left. Partridge forced Benstead to push the ball away with a shot from an acute angle. Vince tried his luck from 25 yards and again Benstead turned it away.
Late on, Hilton made a superb double save to keep out close-range shots from Gary Hill and English.