Howzat for great performances
It's that time of year again when the best batsmen and bowlers in Norfolk and north Suffolk are saluted for their outstanding performances.The Archant cricket roll of honour has been running all summer in our weekly titles, featuring the best few performances of each week in each circulation area.
It's that time of year again when the best batsmen and bowlers in Norfolk and north Suffolk are saluted for their outstanding performances.
The Archant cricket roll of honour has been running all summer in our weekly titles, featuring the best few performances of each week in each circulation area.
The beauty of this feature is that it can be won by players of any age and any level in a bona fide competition - from schoolboys to professionals.
The winners this year included Andy Wright (Hingham A) who hit 197 runs in late May during Hingham A's first win of the season in Norfolk League Division Eight. He hit 13 sixes and 14 fours in helping to beat Bacton Sabres.
And in one of the last games of the whole season Tim Courridge took seven wickets for six runs against Haverhill in Hunts County Bats Suffolk League, Division Two.
Winners will receive, through the post, a special certificate to mark their achievements.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
Richard Willner, Archant Norfolk Head of Sport, said: 'Congratulations to all the winners for their exceptional performances.
'There is something particularly satisfying in being able to highlight the type of guy who has been doing his very best for his home village or town for many years without making it into the 'big time'.
'That unsung hero deserves his moment of glory every bit as much as someone whose prowess at his chosen discipline gets far wider recognition. It's a moment to cherish.'
Roll of honour
Best batsman: Andy Wright (Hingham A) 197
Best bowler: Tim Courridge (Mellis) 7-6
Best batsman: Liam Conroy (Thetford Sunday) 155 not out
Best bowler: Liam Conroy (Thetford Sunday) 6-17
North Norfolk News
Best batsman: David Yarham (Bradfield Sunday) 209
Best bowler: Paul Reeve (Aldborough) 8-30
Best batsman: Gary Knowles (Gt Witchingham) 170
Best bowler: Brett Gates (Bradenham A) 7-16
Beccles and Bungay Journal
Best batsman: Tom York (Bungay Sunday) 194
Best bowler: Alex Taylor (Hales Colts) 8-28
Great Yarmouth Mercury
Best batsman: Geoffrey Handley (Acle) 200 not out
Best bowler: Gary Thompson (Great Yarmouth) 7-45
Best batsman: Craig Guy (Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway Sunday) 194
Best bowler: Peter Sims (Lowestoft Town) 7-29