Hoxne hit five against local rivals
AFC Hoxne 5, Walsham-le-Willows 0
AFC Hoxne produced a solid performance to run out clear winners against their local rivals and more a step closer to promotion. Following last week's hard earned point Hoxne named a more attacking side and looked to kill the game off early. The home side were on top early on and were unlucky not to take the lead after 4 minutes when a corner from James Harrison was flicked inches wide by Sam Buckmaster. The same trick almost paid dividends moments later but Buckmaster this time saw his header cleared off the line. The home side were dominating and came close again when a Tom Havers cross was met by James Harrison on the volley but the ball was deflected onto the crossbar. The Walsham keeper saved well from Ryan Perry and Tom Havers before the deadlock was finally broken after 27 minutes. The goal came when Harry Reeves found Ryan Halil down the right and his cross fell for James Harrison in the area who took a touch and finished well into the roof of the net to make the score 1-0. It take long for it to become 2-0 when Harry reeves burst through 2 challenges before sliding a perfect through ball for Sam Buckmaster to take in his stride and finish confidently into the bottom corner. Walsham were still fighting for every ball but failing to make it stick up top and on the stroke of half time Hoxne scored again. It came when Ryan Perry cut inside and sent Sam Buckmaster through on goal but his shot was blocked and fell perfectly for James Harrison to tap in from close range to make the score 3-0 at the break.
Half Time Score AFC Hoxne 3 Walsham Le Willows 0
Hoxne made a change at half time with Nathan Ellis replacing Lee Tricker which saw Reece Palfrey move to centre back. The home side took their foot off the peddle in the second half and Walsham started the brighter but couldn't create a clear cut chance. The game was effectively killed off in the 55th minute when Ryan Perry received the ball in the area and bamboozeled the defender before the laying the ball of for Sam Buckmaster to guide into the net and make the score 4-0. The home side should have had more goals but Ryan Perry saw his shot tipped onto the crossbar and James Harrison saw his shot well saved by the keeper. On 70 minutes another goal came when a brilliant corner from Tom Havers was powerfully headed in at the back post by Ryan Halil to make the score 5-0. Tom Havers and Nathan Ellis both saw chances go to waste before the referee blew the final whistle. Hoxne now need 3 points for promotion although this wouldn't get confirmed until the end of the season. AFC Hoxne man of the match was James Harrison.
Final score: AFC Hoxne 5 Walsham-e-Willows 0
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 5 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 6 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 9 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 10 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed