Hurry to enter Wymondham race
THE Wymondham Athletics Club Spring 20-mile road race is fast approaching. Entries are filling up with runners looking to test themselves over the undulating course.
The race on March 6 will start from Wymondham Market Cross at 10am, with runners completing a small loop through the town and out into the countryside through Lady Lane.
The two-lap race passes through High Oak, Deopham and Morley providing runners with some great views of the local countryside before heading back to the finish in Lady Lane.
The race is ideal for those preparing for the London Marathon, providing an opportunity to test their race legs or to simply run 20 miles with some good company in preparation for the capital event, taking place in April.
Entries are still open via the Runners' World website, www.runnersworld.co.uk or by visiting the club website, www.wymondhamac.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
All information about the race, maps and entry information is also on the WAC website.
A club spokesman said: 'The race organisers would like to thank road users and residents in advance for their support and patience on the day, ensuring that the race is enjoyable for all and continues to causes minimal disruption for those not directly involved.'
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Wymondham AC meets on Monday nights at the Rugby Club, Tuttles Lane from 6.30pm, new members of all abilities are always welcome.