Inactive Harleston slip further off the pace
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town were without a game on Saturday - and slipped 11 points off the pace in the battle for the Anglian Combination Premier Division table as a result.
Leaders Spixworth went marching on at the top as they hammered Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 7-1, leaving Town with it all to do despite having two games in hand.
Adam Gusterston's men know nothing less than three points will do in Saturday's game at Blofield if they are to have any chance of catching the long-time leaders.
In Division One Scole United suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat at bottom side Holt (William Goulding). They are at home to promotion chasing Bradenham on Saturday.
Harleston Under-12s played away this week in a league match against Great Yarmouth Town Bloaters and came away with a 4-3 victory. Leighton Tompkins and player-of-the-match Freddie Collins were on target.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter