Inactive Harleston slip further off the pace
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town were without a game on Saturday - and slipped 11 points off the pace in the battle for the Anglian Combination Premier Division table as a result.
Leaders Spixworth went marching on at the top as they hammered Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 7-1, leaving Town with it all to do despite having two games in hand.
Adam Gusterston's men know nothing less than three points will do in Saturday's game at Blofield if they are to have any chance of catching the long-time leaders.
In Division One Scole United suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat at bottom side Holt (William Goulding). They are at home to promotion chasing Bradenham on Saturday.
Harleston Under-12s played away this week in a league match against Great Yarmouth Town Bloaters and came away with a 4-3 victory. Leighton Tompkins and player-of-the-match Freddie Collins were on target.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks