Inactive Harleston slip further off the pace
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town were without a game on Saturday - and slipped 11 points off the pace in the battle for the Anglian Combination Premier Division table as a result.
Leaders Spixworth went marching on at the top as they hammered Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 7-1, leaving Town with it all to do despite having two games in hand.
Adam Gusterston's men know nothing less than three points will do in Saturday's game at Blofield if they are to have any chance of catching the long-time leaders.
In Division One Scole United suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat at bottom side Holt (William Goulding). They are at home to promotion chasing Bradenham on Saturday.
Harleston Under-12s played away this week in a league match against Great Yarmouth Town Bloaters and came away with a 4-3 victory. Leighton Tompkins and player-of-the-match Freddie Collins were on target.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu