Inactive Harleston slip further off the pace
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town were without a game on Saturday - and slipped 11 points off the pace in the battle for the Anglian Combination Premier Division table as a result.
Leaders Spixworth went marching on at the top as they hammered Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves 7-1, leaving Town with it all to do despite having two games in hand.
Adam Gusterston's men know nothing less than three points will do in Saturday's game at Blofield if they are to have any chance of catching the long-time leaders.
In Division One Scole United suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat at bottom side Holt (William Goulding). They are at home to promotion chasing Bradenham on Saturday.
Harleston Under-12s played away this week in a league match against Great Yarmouth Town Bloaters and came away with a 4-3 victory. Leighton Tompkins and player-of-the-match Freddie Collins were on target.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 3 Bishop gives blessing to project helping pupils recover after pandemic
- 4 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Next recalls nightdresses amid fire hazard worries
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 10 Almost a million Covid jabs given out in Norfolk and Waveney