It’s yo-yo time for Tangerines
Downham Town 0, Diss Town 3
Diss Town moved back into third place in the table with a comfortable win at Downham on Saturday – but dropped to fourth again after Whitton drew with Halstead on Tuesday night.
And the Tangerines will themselves play Halstead at Brewer's Green Lane this Saturday, 3pm.
Against Downham, Diss were in charge from the start with Jordan Rocastle going close early on. Quinton Young was busy in the home goal and saved well inside the first ten minutes to deny Danny Partridge, Rocastle and George Watts-Sturrock.
Downham did create one chance with a shot from Brad Lawley well saved by Danny Lloyd.
You may also want to watch:
After 22 minutes Partridge moved on to a through ball before rounding Young to open the scoring. Partridge went close twice more before the second Diss goal arrived in the 38th minute.
Watts-Sturrock sent the ball across from the right for Sam Bryant to tuck the ball in at the near post as he was left in plenty of space.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Young made a memorable save to keep out a 25-yard shot as The Tangerines seemed set to add to their first half goal tally.
Partridge and Bryant were off target with fair chances at the start of the second half and Mark Shadrack had an effort cleared off the line. Partridge released Luke Catchpole to run and force Young into another great save.
After Diss were awarded an indirect free-kick inside the Downham penalty area Shadrack sent an 83rd-minute shot just inside a post for 3-0.
Diss Reserves did not have a game last Saturday. They will be away at Leiston Reserves on Friday (kick off 7.45pm). This is a provisional date for the fixture with Leiston requesting a switch to avoid a clash with their FA Vase tie on Saturday.
Diss A travel to Swaffham A in the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup quarter-final on Saturday (3pm).