Jack, 12, is best of British
Jack Spall, 12, from Attleborough, is a member of The Tae Kwon Do Association of Great Britain. it is Europe's largest single martial arts organisation, with over 20,000 members training in over 600 clubs throughout the UK.
At the weekend the annual Great British championships took place. Young Taekwondo enthusiast Jack braved the winter elements (the same as competitors from all over Europe) to take part in this the largest of all Taekwondo championships only with exception to the world championships held in September.
The venue was the Indoor International Arena in Telford. The competition as always started with the patterns events which was as always is a very difficult event owing to the sheer amount of competitors involved even more so with jack's recent promotion to 2nd Kup the task was a tough one as he had only three weeks of 2nd Kup technical training, however the event went very well earning jack a credited 4th place, next on the cards was the sparring tournaments as always this is the most popular of both events,
The competitors in the sparring were as always competing to an excellent standard the events were fast and constant ring changes were being made regularly owing to the sheer amount of competitors.
Jack took a pretty nasty hit to the head resulting from a high reverse turning kick; however in true fighting spirit he came bouncing back from this pushing his way all the way to the top getting the gold and becoming 2nd great British Champion 2010.
This is the last competition of 2010 and jack has had an amazing year travelling all over, almost every weekend for events and squad training schedules. The year could not have ended any better for the young 12-year-old.
Jack said 'it's only three weeks ago since I returned home with a gold medal in the south east championships that was amazing, but to bring the gold home from the British championships was the best ever I can't wait to start training for next year, I just want to work harder and aim to get my gold in the United States championships in Texas America in July 2011 I am just so made up to win this after being injured in the world championship quarter finals in September, I would like to thank all my coaching team and most of all Master Wurr and Mr palmer for the ongoing encouragement and training.'
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 6 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 7 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations