John Doe competition proves a big attraction at Diss Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual John Doe Carpets competition at Diss Golf Club was as popular as ever, with some 100 players from all sections of the club taking part.
Luckily the morning storm was over before the start of play and the weather conditions were very pleasant.
The standard of golf was high with many players recording good scores.
John Doe presented the prizes and everyone at the club is grateful to the Doe family for their strong support and generous prizes.
The overall winner and best score in the Ladies' Section with an excellent 42 stableford points was Marie Needham, who lifted the John Doe Cup. Katherine Allen followed with 40 points and Becky Draper with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section the winner was Adrian Philips with 40 points followed by Darren Maskell with 39 points. Darren later recorded his first hole in one and is now playing off a handicap of three.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'