John Doe competition proves a big attraction at Diss Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual John Doe Carpets competition at Diss Golf Club was as popular as ever, with some 100 players from all sections of the club taking part.
Luckily the morning storm was over before the start of play and the weather conditions were very pleasant.
The standard of golf was high with many players recording good scores.
John Doe presented the prizes and everyone at the club is grateful to the Doe family for their strong support and generous prizes.
The overall winner and best score in the Ladies' Section with an excellent 42 stableford points was Marie Needham, who lifted the John Doe Cup. Katherine Allen followed with 40 points and Becky Draper with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section the winner was Adrian Philips with 40 points followed by Darren Maskell with 39 points. Darren later recorded his first hole in one and is now playing off a handicap of three.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave