John Doe competition proves a big attraction at Diss Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual John Doe Carpets competition at Diss Golf Club was as popular as ever, with some 100 players from all sections of the club taking part.
Luckily the morning storm was over before the start of play and the weather conditions were very pleasant.
The standard of golf was high with many players recording good scores.
John Doe presented the prizes and everyone at the club is grateful to the Doe family for their strong support and generous prizes.
The overall winner and best score in the Ladies' Section with an excellent 42 stableford points was Marie Needham, who lifted the John Doe Cup. Katherine Allen followed with 40 points and Becky Draper with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section the winner was Adrian Philips with 40 points followed by Darren Maskell with 39 points. Darren later recorded his first hole in one and is now playing off a handicap of three.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries