John Doe competition proves a big attraction at Diss Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual John Doe Carpets competition at Diss Golf Club was as popular as ever, with some 100 players from all sections of the club taking part.
Luckily the morning storm was over before the start of play and the weather conditions were very pleasant.
The standard of golf was high with many players recording good scores.
John Doe presented the prizes and everyone at the club is grateful to the Doe family for their strong support and generous prizes.
The overall winner and best score in the Ladies' Section with an excellent 42 stableford points was Marie Needham, who lifted the John Doe Cup. Katherine Allen followed with 40 points and Becky Draper with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section the winner was Adrian Philips with 40 points followed by Darren Maskell with 39 points. Darren later recorded his first hole in one and is now playing off a handicap of three.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 3 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 4 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 7 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 8 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'