John Doe competition proves a big attraction at Diss Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The annual John Doe Carpets competition at Diss Golf Club was as popular as ever, with some 100 players from all sections of the club taking part.
Luckily the morning storm was over before the start of play and the weather conditions were very pleasant.
The standard of golf was high with many players recording good scores.
John Doe presented the prizes and everyone at the club is grateful to the Doe family for their strong support and generous prizes.
The overall winner and best score in the Ladies' Section with an excellent 42 stableford points was Marie Needham, who lifted the John Doe Cup. Katherine Allen followed with 40 points and Becky Draper with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the men's section the winner was Adrian Philips with 40 points followed by Darren Maskell with 39 points. Darren later recorded his first hole in one and is now playing off a handicap of three.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs