Joint angling winners
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours.
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours. Both caught 6lb 4oz.
Billy Crisp ran out in a comfortable second place with John Cole coming away with third for 1lb 4oz.
The Mere in Diss saw a match on Saturday and Andrew Mears was first when he landed five carp to 20lb 7.5oz. Second place went to Jimmy Ellis, who caught mainly roach but did manage two carp for his 14lb 5oz.
Third went to Bill Davies who had three small carp and a tench for 7lb 7oz.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw an outing to the popular Besthorpe Farm Shop Fishery. Richard Legget, fishing as a guest did the hard work and came away in first place on a very tricky day and ended with 21lb 15oz.
David Crisp was hot on the heels of Legget, when he finished in second place with 19lb 6oz. Third went to Peter Wall when he landed 15lb 5oz of fish.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk