Joint angling winners
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours.
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours. Both caught 6lb 4oz.
Billy Crisp ran out in a comfortable second place with John Cole coming away with third for 1lb 4oz.
The Mere in Diss saw a match on Saturday and Andrew Mears was first when he landed five carp to 20lb 7.5oz. Second place went to Jimmy Ellis, who caught mainly roach but did manage two carp for his 14lb 5oz.
Third went to Bill Davies who had three small carp and a tench for 7lb 7oz.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw an outing to the popular Besthorpe Farm Shop Fishery. Richard Legget, fishing as a guest did the hard work and came away in first place on a very tricky day and ended with 21lb 15oz.
David Crisp was hot on the heels of Legget, when he finished in second place with 19lb 6oz. Third went to Peter Wall when he landed 15lb 5oz of fish.
- 1 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 2 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin