Joint angling winners
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours.
THERE were joint winners for Diss Angling Club when they had their midweek match at Eye ponds old side. Barry Day and George Wilby could not be split over the five hours. Both caught 6lb 4oz.
Billy Crisp ran out in a comfortable second place with John Cole coming away with third for 1lb 4oz.
The Mere in Diss saw a match on Saturday and Andrew Mears was first when he landed five carp to 20lb 7.5oz. Second place went to Jimmy Ellis, who caught mainly roach but did manage two carp for his 14lb 5oz.
Third went to Bill Davies who had three small carp and a tench for 7lb 7oz.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw an outing to the popular Besthorpe Farm Shop Fishery. Richard Legget, fishing as a guest did the hard work and came away in first place on a very tricky day and ended with 21lb 15oz.
David Crisp was hot on the heels of Legget, when he finished in second place with 19lb 6oz. Third went to Peter Wall when he landed 15lb 5oz of fish.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five