Karen is runaway success
Three Diss-based Masters athletes enjoyed a run of success in the sprints at the Keith Ward Indoor Trophy meeting, held in King's Lynn on January 25.Diss AC member Karen Hindle, 42, of Tivetshall, won the Women's 60 metres, beating a strong field in nine seconds dead.
Three Diss-based Masters athletes enjoyed a run of success in the sprints at the Keith Ward Indoor Trophy meeting, held in King's Lynn on January 25.
Diss AC member Karen Hindle, 42, of Tivetshall, won the Women's 60 metres, beating a strong field in nine seconds dead.
EVAC members Andy Woods, 47, of Roydon, and Ian Foster, 65, of Pulham Market, won their heats in the Men's 60 metres, recording 8.2 seconds and 8.4 seconds respectively.
In the final, Andy Woods took second place, recording the same time as the winner Les Percival of West Norfolk AC, with Ian Foster taking third place.
You may also want to watch:
The group, coached by Ian Foster, will be competing at Lee Valley, North London, in the Eastern Indoor Master Championships at the end of February and the British Indoor Master Championships in March.
- 1 Police worried for welfare of missing 84-year-old man
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk