Karen is runaway success
Three Diss-based Masters athletes enjoyed a run of success in the sprints at the Keith Ward Indoor Trophy meeting, held in King's Lynn on January 25.Diss AC member Karen Hindle, 42, of Tivetshall, won the Women's 60 metres, beating a strong field in nine seconds dead.
Three Diss-based Masters athletes enjoyed a run of success in the sprints at the Keith Ward Indoor Trophy meeting, held in King's Lynn on January 25.
Diss AC member Karen Hindle, 42, of Tivetshall, won the Women's 60 metres, beating a strong field in nine seconds dead.
EVAC members Andy Woods, 47, of Roydon, and Ian Foster, 65, of Pulham Market, won their heats in the Men's 60 metres, recording 8.2 seconds and 8.4 seconds respectively.
In the final, Andy Woods took second place, recording the same time as the winner Les Percival of West Norfolk AC, with Ian Foster taking third place.
You may also want to watch:
The group, coached by Ian Foster, will be competing at Lee Valley, North London, in the Eastern Indoor Master Championships at the end of February and the British Indoor Master Championships in March.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 4 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk