Keen battles on court
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis in thankfully fine weather.
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.
On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis.
The winners of the mini section were Emily Cott, Gregory Harding and Nia Preston. The winners of the junior section were Matthew Cott, Nathan Downes and Luke Matthews.
On the Sunday the adults had their tournament followed by the barbecue. There were 36 members and family attending, of which 28 were players.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks must be given to Wendy Winterbottom for organising the whole day and
to Richard Love, the club's
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
LTA coach, for organising the weekend of tennis.
A hard, well-fought final was won by Liz Whitman and Roger Meadows against Claire Dixon and Edward Tennant.
Five juniors participated in the adult tournament and played extremely well, which
is great for the future of the tennis club.