Keen battles on court
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis in thankfully fine weather.
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.
On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis.
The winners of the mini section were Emily Cott, Gregory Harding and Nia Preston. The winners of the junior section were Matthew Cott, Nathan Downes and Luke Matthews.
On the Sunday the adults had their tournament followed by the barbecue. There were 36 members and family attending, of which 28 were players.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks must be given to Wendy Winterbottom for organising the whole day and
to Richard Love, the club's
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
LTA coach, for organising the weekend of tennis.
A hard, well-fought final was won by Liz Whitman and Roger Meadows against Claire Dixon and Edward Tennant.
Five juniors participated in the adult tournament and played extremely well, which
is great for the future of the tennis club.