Keen battles on court
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis in thankfully fine weather.
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.
On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis.
The winners of the mini section were Emily Cott, Gregory Harding and Nia Preston. The winners of the junior section were Matthew Cott, Nathan Downes and Luke Matthews.
On the Sunday the adults had their tournament followed by the barbecue. There were 36 members and family attending, of which 28 were players.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks must be given to Wendy Winterbottom for organising the whole day and
to Richard Love, the club's
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 10 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
LTA coach, for organising the weekend of tennis.
A hard, well-fought final was won by Liz Whitman and Roger Meadows against Claire Dixon and Edward Tennant.
Five juniors participated in the adult tournament and played extremely well, which
is great for the future of the tennis club.