Keen battles on court
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis in thankfully fine weather.
Wymondham Tennis Club held their midsummer tennis tournaments at Ketts Park for both juniors and adults.
On the Saturday, the juniors, 15 in number, ranging from age eight years upwards, played some excellent tennis.
The winners of the mini section were Emily Cott, Gregory Harding and Nia Preston. The winners of the junior section were Matthew Cott, Nathan Downes and Luke Matthews.
On the Sunday the adults had their tournament followed by the barbecue. There were 36 members and family attending, of which 28 were players.
Special thanks must be given to Wendy Winterbottom for organising the whole day and
to Richard Love, the club's
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
LTA coach, for organising the weekend of tennis.
A hard, well-fought final was won by Liz Whitman and Roger Meadows against Claire Dixon and Edward Tennant.
Five juniors participated in the adult tournament and played extremely well, which
is great for the future of the tennis club.