Keeper saves Harleston's day
Resolute defending and some top-class saves from Ben Green saved the day for Harleston Town, as they continued their pursuit of the league title.They beat visitors Marlingford 1-0 in their latest Anglian Combination Division Four game.
Resolute defending and some top-class saves from Ben Green saved the day for Harleston Town, as they continued their pursuit of the league title.
They beat visitors Marlingford 1-0 in their latest Anglian Combination Division Four game.
The first half Harleston just about edged it with Matt Goreham going close early on and Finn Goodwin Wright hitting the post from a tight angle.
Marlingford, particularly their midfield, were very strong and hard working, and kept possession well. Keeper green was called on a few times to settle nerves and keep the score level.
You may also want to watch:
The second half Marlingford upped the pace and forced keeper Green into two fine saves, both times going to his left.
Harleston's defence continually broke down the attacks, whilst the team was working out a way through at the other end.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Shake-up will see 73 of 84 Norfolk wards changed
- 10 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
The last 10 minutes of the game Harleston, upped the pace and went close from a corner after Mark Pierce narrowly missed with his head.
As the game looked to be heading for an entertaining goalless draw, Sam Wilby crossed for Mark Pierce to loop his header over the opposition's goalkeeper and give the Town all three points.
Harleston play away to Marlingford on Saturday. Man of the match: keeper Ben Green and all the back four.