KO for Stradbroke
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat.
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.
For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat. Tim Porter continues to be their nemesis, falling one short of his 50.
Duncan Hume hit a pleasant 43 but the innings was dominated by Craig Gorst-Allman. He not only cleared the boundary but also the neighbouring golf fairway with one of his seven sixes on his way to an unbeaten 90, and a target of 219. This would always be too rich for the visitors although Alex Fitchett (24), Joe Pearson (41) and James Grigg (32) kept faint hopes alive for a long while.
Southwold 218-4, Stradbroke A 153.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser