KO for Stradbroke
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat.
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.
For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat. Tim Porter continues to be their nemesis, falling one short of his 50.
Duncan Hume hit a pleasant 43 but the innings was dominated by Craig Gorst-Allman. He not only cleared the boundary but also the neighbouring golf fairway with one of his seven sixes on his way to an unbeaten 90, and a target of 219. This would always be too rich for the visitors although Alex Fitchett (24), Joe Pearson (41) and James Grigg (32) kept faint hopes alive for a long while.
Southwold 218-4, Stradbroke A 153.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed