KO for Stradbroke
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat.
In the MSC Alliance Cup Southwold beat Stradbroke A by 65 runs.
For a side that could not lose last year, Stradbroke A's cup exit at the hands of Southwold was their third successive defeat. Tim Porter continues to be their nemesis, falling one short of his 50.
Duncan Hume hit a pleasant 43 but the innings was dominated by Craig Gorst-Allman. He not only cleared the boundary but also the neighbouring golf fairway with one of his seven sixes on his way to an unbeaten 90, and a target of 219. This would always be too rich for the visitors although Alex Fitchett (24), Joe Pearson (41) and James Grigg (32) kept faint hopes alive for a long while.
Southwold 218-4, Stradbroke A 153.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021