Lacklustre Hempnall lose
Hempnall put in a lacklustre performance at Loddon, losing 3-0.They weren't helped by a difficult surface but that's no excuse for the way Hempnall played and the effort shown.
Hempnall put in a lacklustre performance at Loddon, losing 3-0.
They weren't helped by a difficult surface but that's no excuse for the way Hempnall played and the effort shown.
Loddon started the brighter and took the lead after only five minutes when the ball broke loose in the penalty box and Dan Anderson had yards of space to crash the ball home.
After 15 minutes Hempnall started to get a foot hold in the game and seemed to be edging the possession, placing the Loddon defence under some pressure.
You may also want to watch:
But, as been the case in recent games, they couldn't find a clear opening and Loddon keeper Collins was reasonably untested.
In the second half things started to slide away as desire and workrate to get something from the game appeared to evaporate.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
First a set-piece was delivered into the box, an attacking player skipped his marker and we were two down. Tom Halliwell was introduced to the game and a shift in formation but the tide was already turning in Loddon's favour whose young team continued to work hard.
A third goal arrived to seal Hempnall's fate and give the home side a thoroughly deserved win. Difficult to find a good performance but Shaun Flint and Sam Wenham put in a tidy shift.
All club members are reminded about the end-of- season do on May 8.