Ladies battle well but lose
HARLESTON Magpies Ladies had a chance to pick up a result in their final National League game of the season against Durham University. But, despite playing some of their best attacking hockey for some while, the defence proved very vulnerable to counter-attack and they lost 4-2.
HARLESTON Magpies had a chance to pick up a result in their final National League game of the season against Durham University.
But, despite playing some of their best attacking hockey for some while, the defence proved very vulnerable to counter-attack and they lost 4-2.
Magpies were 1-0 down to a soft tap-in goal in the first half despite having plenty of attacking opportunities but the real action took place in the second half.
Durham increased their lead to go 2-0 up before Angie Wheelhouse pulled a goal back at 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Wheelhouse was incredibly unlucky to have an equaliser disallowed from a penalty corner.
Durham broke away to increase their lead to 3-1 before Debbie McAllen made it 3-2 from a penalty corner strike.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
Wheelhouse was put clean through with the goalkeeper to beat but was again unlucky to see her waist-high shot cleared off the line onto a post.
Once again Durham broke away to make it 4-2 in a game that could have gone either way.