Ladies battle well but lose
HARLESTON Magpies Ladies had a chance to pick up a result in their final National League game of the season against Durham University. But, despite playing some of their best attacking hockey for some while, the defence proved very vulnerable to counter-attack and they lost 4-2.
HARLESTON Magpies had a chance to pick up a result in their final National League game of the season against Durham University.
But, despite playing some of their best attacking hockey for some while, the defence proved very vulnerable to counter-attack and they lost 4-2.
Magpies were 1-0 down to a soft tap-in goal in the first half despite having plenty of attacking opportunities but the real action took place in the second half.
Durham increased their lead to go 2-0 up before Angie Wheelhouse pulled a goal back at 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Wheelhouse was incredibly unlucky to have an equaliser disallowed from a penalty corner.
Durham broke away to increase their lead to 3-1 before Debbie McAllen made it 3-2 from a penalty corner strike.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
Wheelhouse was put clean through with the goalkeeper to beat but was again unlucky to see her waist-high shot cleared off the line onto a post.
Once again Durham broke away to make it 4-2 in a game that could have gone either way.