Leech just short of century
GARBOLDISHAM A travelled to league leaders Great Melton in what, on paper, would appear to have been a difficult away fixture.Batting first, Great Melton started well and posted a score of 246 for 9.
GARBOLDISHAM A travelled to league leaders Great Melton in what, on paper, would appear to have been a difficult away fixture.
Batting first, Great Melton started well and posted a score of 246 for 9. This could have been higher if it wasn't for an excellent spell at the end from Josh Asker with 3-30 off seven overs. Great Melton main scorers were Alborough, Whiddet, Howard and Mann.
Chasing such a large total, Garboldisham started poorly with N Asker out for a duck. Lee and Leech, took up the challenge thrown at them by putting on a quick-fire partnership of 40.
Then the main partnership started with Whistler and Leech putting on a superb partnership of 153 for the fourth wicket, Leech out on 96 and Whistler on 75.
You may also want to watch:
This turned out to be the crucial part of the match with Garboldisham attaining the 246 runs with four overs to spare.
A great effort by the Garboldisham batsmen in the face of an aggressive bowling attack.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Garboldisham B journeyed to the UEA to take on Great Melton IV on Saturday.
Batting first, Garboldisham reached an impressive total of 275 for 5 with superb batting from H Royston (73), R Muirhead (59) ably supported by Fiddler senior, K Eagle, Ben Asker and Alex Hogg.
Great Melton struggled to attain the runs required and fell short by scoring 204 for 5 after their overs, giving Garboldisham B another comprehensive win.