Ling draws short straw but wins pairs cup on own
Diss Angling Club's Pairs Cup was fished on Diss Mere and Mark Ling won it all by himself.
With 11 anglers turning up someone was always going to draw the short straw and have to fish by themselves, but any single angler would be able to double his weight. Mark didn't need the doubling of weight when he fished the waggler on the park side of the Mere.
Just one small carp and skimmers came to his net through the match, while around him other anglers struggled for ever a bite.
By the end of the match Mark was a long way ahead of his nearest rival when he weighed in 11lb 14oz to take the cup.
Peter Wall was second on the day with his small ground bait feeder approach. Peter was catching from the off, but despite his best efforts he could not hold them and they kept disappearing on him. When the scales came round Peter had finished with 6lb 11oz. Third was John Cole with 2lb 5oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five