Luke's stroke of genius
DISS High School pupil Luke Walsh, who swims for Thetford Dolphins, was in fantastic form in the Norfolk County Championships.Luke, 15, swam incredibly well at the meet - held over two weekends at Waterworld in Thetford - and won the boys' 15-year Best Swimmer Trophy.
DISS High School pupil Luke Walsh, who swims for Thetford Dolphins, was in fantastic form in the Norfolk County Championships.
Luke, 15, swam incredibly well at the meet - held over two weekends at Waterworld in Thetford - and won the boys' 15-year Best Swimmer Trophy.
He won an amazing eight first place trophies, 13 silver medals and five bronze medals as well as breaking seven age group club records.
The 200m breaststroke race saw Luke win the 16 and under junior age group trophy as well as winning the 15-year age group trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Luke was also awarded the silver championship medal in the open age group for being the second fastest swimmer competing in the championships.
Luke had another terrific win for the 50m fly race, taking home two trophies (15 year and U16 age group). Further outstanding wins for Luke included the 1,500m free, 100m fly, 200m fly and 200m individual medley race.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
He was awarded a silver junior age group medal and a bronze championship medal for the 200m fly and a silver junior age group medal for the 200m IM.
The 50m and 100m breaststroke saw Luke receive four silver medals in both the 15-year and junior age groups and two silvers for the 100m IM (15 year and junior age group).
The 400m IM saw Luke take two more silvers medals in the 15-year and junior age group as well as receiving a bronze championship medal in the open age group.
Two more silvers were awarded for the 50m freestyle (15 year) and 800m freestyle (15 year).
Luke received bronze medals for the 100m backstroke (15 year), 200m freestyle (15 year) and 50m freestyle (junior age).
New age group club records were recorded by Luke in the 100m breaststroke (15-year heat and final), 50m breaststroke (15-year final and championship final), 50m fly (15 year heat and final) and 100m IM (heat).