Lund steers Magpies to top win
Attleborough High School student, Bryony Lund has been celebrating great sporting success.The Year 11 student captained the Harleston Magpies Hockey Club through an exciting winning match at the final of the 2009 U16 Girls National Indoor Hockey Championships.
Attleborough High School student, Bryony Lund has been celebrating great sporting success.
The Year 11 student captained the Harleston Magpies Hockey Club through an exciting winning match at the final of the 2009 U16 Girls National Indoor Hockey Championships.
Bryony's team won 4-1 against Horsham Hockey Club at the Birmingham National Indoor Arena in front of an enormous and enthusiastic crowd.
During the six a side indoor match, Bryony scored two of the winning goals in what turned out to be an electric encounter: tension mounted as Horsham scored in the first fifteen seconds, then Bryony took Harleston's first short corner, flicked it and it went through the goalie's legs - she followed this through later in the match with a goal from open play.
You may also want to watch:
Bryony, whose parents John and Jane Lund are both PE teachers at the High School, said: 'The experience was astounding. It was such a huge stadium and thousands of people were sat watching. To win this match in front of such an enthusiastic crowd was incredible. We worked so well as a team and that's why we were successful.'
The Attleborough High student is predicted a great sporting future. She currently represents Norfolk in badminton and is a member of Norfolk's county cricket squad. She has played with Harleston since she was eight years old and recently made her debut with their outdoor first team, who are in the National League.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed