Magpies back to outdoor action
HARLESTON Magpies men's first team return to outdoor league action this weekend with a visit to Holcombe. Earlier in the season Magpies secured a point in the game at Weybread, Holcombe find themselves in fourth position some six points above Magpies.
HARLESTONMagpies men's first team return to outdoor league action this weekend with a visit to Holcombe.
Earlier in the season Magpies secured a point in the game at Weybread, Holcombe find themselves in fourth position some six points above Magpies.
Whilst the Norfolk side will go all out for a win they will be pleased to return home with a draw.
The mid-season break came at the right time for Magpies, Richard Gill had missed three games through injury but is now fit again, and the squad needed a break following a tough first half in a most competitive league.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst a number of clubs have not been involved in indoor events, many of Magpies players have been playing in the top national indoor league.
Magpies' Ben Gowing, who had developed well during the season, is unavailable for the remainder of the campaign as he is working abroad.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
Andy Bedwell had returned following his travels, he unfortunately has sustained an injury which will keep him out for the remainder of the season.
David Ling misses the game through suspension following an incident in the National League Indoor League.
Magpies will be looking to young players developing from the second team to support the established players in their quest to consolidate their league position.
Squad (from): Richard Harms, John Livings, Gareth Furlong, Mark Wheelhouse, Leigh Sitch, Stuart Leate, Craig Snelling, Richard Gill, Pete Bale, Andy Hipwell, Tristan Baynes, Duncan Graves, Neil Toulson, James Fanger, Simon Hipwell, Ben Wright, Richard Ling.