Magpies clinch regional title
HARLESTON Magpies U14 girls were crowned Eastern Regional champions after remaining undefeated throughout an exhausting finals day held at Pelicans Hockey Club.
Magpies' performances improved throughout the day and after managing a 1-0 win against Dereham, the girls followed this by comfortably defeating Ipswich 3-0. These two wins enabled Magpies to top their section with their opponents in the final being Old Loughtonians, who had previously defeated Saffron Walden and Pelicans.
Magpies saved their best performance for the final with Saffron Wilford in fine form, scoring a hat-trick in an impressive 3-1 win.
Magpies had been led superbly by captain Kira Wooltorton and leading tournament scorer Wilford who were ably supported by some fine goalkeeping from Ellie O'Sullivan and the entire squad who worked tirelessly in very warm conditions.
Squad: Kira Wooltorton (captain), Ellie O'Sullivan Gk, Nicole Eaves, Katie Crawford, Imogen Craig, May Bowden, Alice Bamber, Sophie Long, Emily McClusky, Kara Kilbourn, Saffron Wilford, Beatrice Flatt
Scorers: Saffron Wilford (6), Kara Kilbourn.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout