Magpies clinch regional title
HARLESTON Magpies U14 girls were crowned Eastern Regional champions after remaining undefeated throughout an exhausting finals day held at Pelicans Hockey Club.
Magpies' performances improved throughout the day and after managing a 1-0 win against Dereham, the girls followed this by comfortably defeating Ipswich 3-0. These two wins enabled Magpies to top their section with their opponents in the final being Old Loughtonians, who had previously defeated Saffron Walden and Pelicans.
Magpies saved their best performance for the final with Saffron Wilford in fine form, scoring a hat-trick in an impressive 3-1 win.
Magpies had been led superbly by captain Kira Wooltorton and leading tournament scorer Wilford who were ably supported by some fine goalkeeping from Ellie O'Sullivan and the entire squad who worked tirelessly in very warm conditions.
Squad: Kira Wooltorton (captain), Ellie O'Sullivan Gk, Nicole Eaves, Katie Crawford, Imogen Craig, May Bowden, Alice Bamber, Sophie Long, Emily McClusky, Kara Kilbourn, Saffron Wilford, Beatrice Flatt
You may also want to watch:
Scorers: Saffron Wilford (6), Kara Kilbourn.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters