Magpies go on goal blitz
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's Second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.
Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
It was only when St Neots were reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes, the goal rush started. With Magpies adding another seven goals to make it 8-0 at half-time.
The goals came from Jamie Legg, Duncan Steven (2), Will Harrison (2), Martin Fields, Si Hipwell.
You may also want to watch:
Second half saw Magpies showing no mercy and they added a further 10 goals with Fields (2), Hipwel (2) and Steven all completing their hat-tricks plus further goals from Dave Francis (2), James Stacey, Dan Legg, and a first goal of the season from Craig Snelling.
Youngster Will Martin made his debut and although he did not get on the scoresheet he was named man of the match for an excellent performance and good play which led to several goals.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village