Magpies go on goal blitz
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's Second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.
Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
It was only when St Neots were reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes, the goal rush started. With Magpies adding another seven goals to make it 8-0 at half-time.
The goals came from Jamie Legg, Duncan Steven (2), Will Harrison (2), Martin Fields, Si Hipwell.
You may also want to watch:
Second half saw Magpies showing no mercy and they added a further 10 goals with Fields (2), Hipwel (2) and Steven all completing their hat-tricks plus further goals from Dave Francis (2), James Stacey, Dan Legg, and a first goal of the season from Craig Snelling.
Youngster Will Martin made his debut and although he did not get on the scoresheet he was named man of the match for an excellent performance and good play which led to several goals.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk