Magpies go on goal blitz
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
Already-promoted Harleston Magpies Men's Second team trounced relegated St Neots 18-0 in their latest hockey match.
Magpies took their time to get going with Robbie Kinsella opening the scoring after 10 minutes.
It was only when St Neots were reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes, the goal rush started. With Magpies adding another seven goals to make it 8-0 at half-time.
The goals came from Jamie Legg, Duncan Steven (2), Will Harrison (2), Martin Fields, Si Hipwell.
You may also want to watch:
Second half saw Magpies showing no mercy and they added a further 10 goals with Fields (2), Hipwel (2) and Steven all completing their hat-tricks plus further goals from Dave Francis (2), James Stacey, Dan Legg, and a first goal of the season from Craig Snelling.
Youngster Will Martin made his debut and although he did not get on the scoresheet he was named man of the match for an excellent performance and good play which led to several goals.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients