Magpies Ladies reflect on ace season
What a truly magnificent season it has been for Magpies Ladies IV hockey team. With several matches still left to be played in the league, final positions can not yet be determined, but Magpies are looking at a possible fourth place finish.
What a truly magnificent season it has been for Magpies Ladies IV hockey team.
With several matches still left to be played in the league, final positions can not yet be determined, but Magpies are looking at a possible fourth place finish. And after last season's promotion this is certainly an awesome achievement.
Credit must be given to all players involved throughout the season: Kristina Erith, Claire Snelling, Becky Ford, Sarah Legg, Treacle Snelling, Bridget Cunliffe, Rachel Peters, Lucie Hadley, Hannah Booty, Bella Hall, Beth Alexander, Laura Schultheiss, Kay Dennis, Katie Webb, Rhiann Earrye, Kiera Booty, Zoe Cole, Rosie Cole, Katherine Ridley, Georgia Pearson, Georgina Scott and Janet Brown.
Special mention for captain Tracy Reeve, and vice-captain Liz Cole for all their hard work on and off the pitch throughout the year. A big thank you.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles 3, Magpies Ladies IV 0
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
MAGPIES travelled to play Beccles for their final league match of the season.
And after their brilliant result last weekend and their current position of third in the table, Magpies were looking to finish on a high.
Magpies knew it was going to be a tough match, and right from the off Beccles showed why they are second in the league. They fought for every ball, and had strength and pace throughout the side.
Magpies struggled to get into the match in the opening moments and Beccles went a goal up early on. This seemed to settle Magpies, however, and they started passing the ball around with more speed and confidence, but could not find that final killer pass.
Beccles continued to press forward and were dangerous on the break, and it was only the Magpies keeper Kristina Erith who kept the away side in it, making several crucial saves.
Magpies reached half time only the one goal down.
The second half saw Beccles really assert their authority, making several breaks through the middle, ferreting the ball into the D, and they extended their lead midway through the half.
The home side were simply too good, and a brilliant solo effort from the Beccles centre forward saw them go 3-0 up.
Magpies had a positive last few minutes in the Beccles D but couldn't grab a consolation goal.
Magpies were disappointed to lose their last game of the season but a fair result against one of the best teams in the league.