Magpies run out of time in fightback
Norwich Dragons III 3,Harleston Magpies Ladies IV 2After their fantastic results of the previous two weeks, Magpies were looking to continue with their winning ways.
Norwich Dragons III 3,Harleston Magpies Ladies IV 2
After their fantastic results of the previous two weeks, Magpies were looking to continue with their winning ways.
Dragons had first push-back, and instead of playing the ball to another team member the Dragons' centre forward dribbled the ball clean through the Magpies midfield and defence, catching them all on the back foot, and coolly slotted the ball past the keeper to give the home side the lead in the opening seconds.
However, Magpies were not deterred and from the restart they came straight back at Dragons, and a shot on goal fell to a well-positioned Rhiann Earrye at the near post to tap in the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
The play then levelled out somewhat with both teams getting into their groove and settling down, but it was Dragons who took the initiative and went 2-1 up midway through the half, with Magpies struggling to find their previous good form.
The second half saw Magpies step up the pace and pose a real threat to the Dragons goal, but the home side once again had that killer instinct in the D and extended their lead.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
Magpies showed great determination towards the end of the match, and got a goal back from a good move ending with Rhiann Earrye's second goal.
It seemed as though the equaliser was on the way, and in the final moments a good move down the right wing, followed by a stinging cross into the D had Dragons on the back foot, but a Magpies stick couldn't connect with it.
A hard-fought game, with Magpies putting in a good performance, and if only they'd had another ten minutes of play they could have had them!
The squad must now rest up for next weekend's tough back-to-back fixtures.