Magpies swoop to fine win
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.
Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Magpies then woke up and took up where they left off last week, midway through the fist half Jazz Bartlett picked up a through ball on the halfway line and took the ball round a defender and then the advancing keeper and put Magpies 1-0 up. This score remained until half-time.
Early in the second half Nic Beevor's shot was saved only for Jose Tibbenham to push the rebound through the keeper's legs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile at the other end the defence were thwarting any attacks Watton made with Georgie Scott making her premier league debut and showing the improvement she has made this season.
Magpies pressure continued to produce shots at goal and penalty corners from which Lucy Chubbock struck just inside the left post to put Magpies 3-0 up.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
The young team continued to play with confidence moving the ball around well. The final goal came from a mel�e in the circle Becky Marshall was first to pounce and slotted the ball home to complete a fine team performance.