Magpies swoop to fine win
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.
Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Magpies then woke up and took up where they left off last week, midway through the fist half Jazz Bartlett picked up a through ball on the halfway line and took the ball round a defender and then the advancing keeper and put Magpies 1-0 up. This score remained until half-time.
Early in the second half Nic Beevor's shot was saved only for Jose Tibbenham to push the rebound through the keeper's legs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile at the other end the defence were thwarting any attacks Watton made with Georgie Scott making her premier league debut and showing the improvement she has made this season.
Magpies pressure continued to produce shots at goal and penalty corners from which Lucy Chubbock struck just inside the left post to put Magpies 3-0 up.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
The young team continued to play with confidence moving the ball around well. The final goal came from a mel�e in the circle Becky Marshall was first to pounce and slotted the ball home to complete a fine team performance.