Magpies swoop to fine win
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.
Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Magpies then woke up and took up where they left off last week, midway through the fist half Jazz Bartlett picked up a through ball on the halfway line and took the ball round a defender and then the advancing keeper and put Magpies 1-0 up. This score remained until half-time.
Early in the second half Nic Beevor's shot was saved only for Jose Tibbenham to push the rebound through the keeper's legs.
Meanwhile at the other end the defence were thwarting any attacks Watton made with Georgie Scott making her premier league debut and showing the improvement she has made this season.
Magpies pressure continued to produce shots at goal and penalty corners from which Lucy Chubbock struck just inside the left post to put Magpies 3-0 up.
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 5 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 6 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 8 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 9 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 10 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
The young team continued to play with confidence moving the ball around well. The final goal came from a mel�e in the circle Becky Marshall was first to pounce and slotted the ball home to complete a fine team performance.