Magpies swoop to fine win
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.
Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Magpies then woke up and took up where they left off last week, midway through the fist half Jazz Bartlett picked up a through ball on the halfway line and took the ball round a defender and then the advancing keeper and put Magpies 1-0 up. This score remained until half-time.
Early in the second half Nic Beevor's shot was saved only for Jose Tibbenham to push the rebound through the keeper's legs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile at the other end the defence were thwarting any attacks Watton made with Georgie Scott making her premier league debut and showing the improvement she has made this season.
Magpies pressure continued to produce shots at goal and penalty corners from which Lucy Chubbock struck just inside the left post to put Magpies 3-0 up.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
The young team continued to play with confidence moving the ball around well. The final goal came from a mel�e in the circle Becky Marshall was first to pounce and slotted the ball home to complete a fine team performance.