Magpies swoop to fine win
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Harleston Magpies III visited Watton II and won 4-0.
Magpies found themselves under immediate pressure and faced three short corners in the first five minutes.
Magpies then woke up and took up where they left off last week, midway through the fist half Jazz Bartlett picked up a through ball on the halfway line and took the ball round a defender and then the advancing keeper and put Magpies 1-0 up. This score remained until half-time.
Early in the second half Nic Beevor's shot was saved only for Jose Tibbenham to push the rebound through the keeper's legs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile at the other end the defence were thwarting any attacks Watton made with Georgie Scott making her premier league debut and showing the improvement she has made this season.
Magpies pressure continued to produce shots at goal and penalty corners from which Lucy Chubbock struck just inside the left post to put Magpies 3-0 up.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
The young team continued to play with confidence moving the ball around well. The final goal came from a mel�e in the circle Becky Marshall was first to pounce and slotted the ball home to complete a fine team performance.