Mears gets a good mix
THE first of last weekend's match for Diss Angling Club was fished on Eye ponds old side on Saturday.
With a good carp in the last hour of the match Andrew Mears took the win from peg one with 14lb 12oz.
Mears had a good mix of fish which included roach, skimmers rudd and chub plus a bonus carp.
Second was Billy Crisp who caught roach, tench, skimmers and crucians for his final weight of 8lb 6oz. Third went to Mark Johnson with 4lb 2.
Diss Mere was the venue for Sunday's match. Andrew Mears continued where he left off the day before with a second win to lift the Phillip Hewitt Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Mears took two double-figure carp plus six small ones on his way to 41lb 14.5oz.
Second was Peter Wall, who caught well on the pole and ended with 16lb 12oz. Third was Mark Ling with 15lb 3.5oz.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
Tickets are available for the annual barbecue and presentation evening which is being held at the Conservative Club on June 25.
The evening starts at 7pm and tickets can be bought from Fiona Bartlett on 07940 915441.
The next working party at Eye ponds is on June 22, which starts at 6pm.