Mears gets a good mix
THE first of last weekend's match for Diss Angling Club was fished on Eye ponds old side on Saturday.
With a good carp in the last hour of the match Andrew Mears took the win from peg one with 14lb 12oz.
Mears had a good mix of fish which included roach, skimmers rudd and chub plus a bonus carp.
Second was Billy Crisp who caught roach, tench, skimmers and crucians for his final weight of 8lb 6oz. Third went to Mark Johnson with 4lb 2.
Diss Mere was the venue for Sunday's match. Andrew Mears continued where he left off the day before with a second win to lift the Phillip Hewitt Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Mears took two double-figure carp plus six small ones on his way to 41lb 14.5oz.
Second was Peter Wall, who caught well on the pole and ended with 16lb 12oz. Third was Mark Ling with 15lb 3.5oz.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies
- 10 How will Covid-19 vaccine change your life - and your finances?
Tickets are available for the annual barbecue and presentation evening which is being held at the Conservative Club on June 25.
The evening starts at 7pm and tickets can be bought from Fiona Bartlett on 07940 915441.
The next working party at Eye ponds is on June 22, which starts at 6pm.