Medals haul for Masters
Diss Otters Masters swimming team headed out to Guernsey for the 18th open meet.There were some problems with flights due to foggy conditions throughout the UK which meant one of the Diss swimmers missed her first couple of races.
Diss Otters Masters swimming team headed out to Guernsey for the 18th open meet.
There were some problems with flights due to foggy conditions throughout the UK which meant one of the Diss swimmers missed her first couple of races.
There were 144 swimmers in total attending from several European countries, Diss Otters came fourth in the top club with only four swimmers competing producing some excellent times and claiming 20 top-three medal placings.
Adam Lelean swam in 10 events over the weekend, Adam claimed first place in 200m free, 200m breaststroke, 200m backstroke and 200m butterfly, second place in 100m breaststroke, 200m IM and 50m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
In the top man trophy Adam came third overall.
Katie Bull, squad coach was competing for the first time this year and managed to scoop six gold medals in the 25 to 29 years age group and achieved an all time personnel best in the 400m freestyle race.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
Vall Bull in the 45 to 49 years age group swam in seven races and achieved top three in four races.
Sally Lelean swam well over the weekend, also swimming in nine events, receiving first place for 100m backstroke and 200m backstroke.
Judy Smithers unfortunately missed out on two of her races on the Friday night due to fog but that didn't stop her for the rest of the weekend with a brilliant 100m backstroke swim. Judy won three silvers over the weekend.
Diss Otters operates a thriving masters section that caters for adults ranging from novice fitness swimmers to serious competitive masters athletes.
Sessions are run in a friendly atmosphere and there is no obligation to attend a set amount of workouts.
If you would like further details of the masters group, contact masters convenor Valerie Bull on 01379 740518.
Are you training for triathlon? Diss Otters can also accommodate you within their sessions.