Mere win by Mears
For the past two weekends Diss Mere has held the only matches of the week for Diss Angling Club.
With Eye ponds being frozen over, the November 28 match was moved to the mere and was fished around the pleasure anglers who were on the Mere.
Andrew Mears fished the tip and had a couple of bites which included a crucian carp which weighed 3lb 1�oz.
Mears ended the match with 6lb 9�oz. Second was Mark Ling who managed 2lb 2oz of roach and rudd from the waggler. Third place went to George Wilby with 1lb 8oz.
The first match in the Gordon Johnson winter series was held on Saturday.
With a few patches of ice sitting on the Mere and with the snow melting fast and cold water pulling down the temperature, it was going to be a hard day.
On a day where four anglers who sat on the park side all blanked, Jimmy Ellis somehow found two carp and a skimmer all on the tip to take the win with 6lb 7oz.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 4 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 5 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 6 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Police investigate three cat shootings in Eye
- 9 Suffolk police volunteer and her horse win national award
- 10 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
Second went to junior angler Ashley Emms who found one carp for his 2lb 9oz. Third was Peter Wall with 11oz.