Mere win by Mears
For the past two weekends Diss Mere has held the only matches of the week for Diss Angling Club.
With Eye ponds being frozen over, the November 28 match was moved to the mere and was fished around the pleasure anglers who were on the Mere.
Andrew Mears fished the tip and had a couple of bites which included a crucian carp which weighed 3lb 1�oz.
Mears ended the match with 6lb 9�oz. Second was Mark Ling who managed 2lb 2oz of roach and rudd from the waggler. Third place went to George Wilby with 1lb 8oz.
The first match in the Gordon Johnson winter series was held on Saturday.
With a few patches of ice sitting on the Mere and with the snow melting fast and cold water pulling down the temperature, it was going to be a hard day.
On a day where four anglers who sat on the park side all blanked, Jimmy Ellis somehow found two carp and a skimmer all on the tip to take the win with 6lb 7oz.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Second went to junior angler Ashley Emms who found one carp for his 2lb 9oz. Third was Peter Wall with 11oz.