Mere win by Mears
For the past two weekends Diss Mere has held the only matches of the week for Diss Angling Club.
With Eye ponds being frozen over, the November 28 match was moved to the mere and was fished around the pleasure anglers who were on the Mere.
Andrew Mears fished the tip and had a couple of bites which included a crucian carp which weighed 3lb 1�oz.
Mears ended the match with 6lb 9�oz. Second was Mark Ling who managed 2lb 2oz of roach and rudd from the waggler. Third place went to George Wilby with 1lb 8oz.
The first match in the Gordon Johnson winter series was held on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
With a few patches of ice sitting on the Mere and with the snow melting fast and cold water pulling down the temperature, it was going to be a hard day.
On a day where four anglers who sat on the park side all blanked, Jimmy Ellis somehow found two carp and a skimmer all on the tip to take the win with 6lb 7oz.
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Village road to shut all day for essential work
Second went to junior angler Ashley Emms who found one carp for his 2lb 9oz. Third was Peter Wall with 11oz.