Mixed fortunes for the Tangerines
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town maintained their recent good form in Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League on Saturday when they beat King's Lynn Reserves 2-0.
The Tangerines went into the game at The Walks in good heart after winning their previous two fixtures and duly made it a hat-trick of victories against the Linnets.
The match was goalless at half-time but 17-year-old Harry Whayman took centre stage in the second half with a brace that took the visitors into the top six.
Diss were in action for the second time in four days on Tuesday night when they travelled to second placed Haverhill Borough.
The visitors gave a decent account of themselves in the first half to go in at the break 0-0 but two goals in eight minutes at the start of the second period settled the issue.
You may also want to watch:
The Tangerines are back in action at Brewers Green Lane on Saturday, with Wisbech St Mary providing the opposition.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
- 10 The 57 Norfolk and Waveney schools offering summer holiday catch-up classes