More woe for Stratton
Long Stratton slipped to a fifth league defeat in six games, losing 6-1 to visitors Horsford United.With both Carl Harwin and Jonny Saunders out through suspension, Ricky Braddon started up front and Kelvin Willimott received a recall.
Long Stratton slipped to a fifth league defeat in six games, losing 6-1 to visitors Horsford United.
With both Carl Harwin and Jonny Saunders out through suspension, Ricky Braddon started up front and Kelvin Willimott received a recall.
Stratton started brightly and James Barnes twice tested the Horsford keeper and another long-range effort flew inches past the post. Horsford took the lead though, a tame free-kick rolling into the net.
Another goal followed from a corner and a goalkeeping error handed Horsford a 3-1 lead at the break.
Horsford went 4-1 up through a penalty and with the home side's lack of confidence showing, Horsford, who are a point off the top of the table, added two more to win 6-1. The Wishing Tree shop man of the match was David Storey.
Long Stratton Reserves beat Poringland Wanderers Reserves 6-1 to remain two points clear at the top of the table. Paul Folkard scored a hat-trick, with Danny Larter netting a brace and Terry Green grabbing the other. Mix-a-man of the match was Paul Folkard.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces