Musk tears through batting
REDGRAVE continued their debut season in Sunday league cricket against Wicklewood.Winning the toss, skipper Dave Prince would have seen it as rude not to have batted first considering the hard, flat, yellow wicket and the scorching sun.
REDGRAVE continued their debut season in Sunday league cricket against Wicklewood.
Winning the toss, skipper Dave Prince would have seen it as rude not to have batted first considering the hard, flat, yellow wicket and the scorching sun.
Will Dawson and Mark Williamson started the Redgrave innings with caution, looking to repay their skipper's faith in them posting a large total. They created a wonderful platform for a very good Redgrave total with a 131-run first wicket stand. Allen and West then came and went for breezy tens. The Redgrave middle order perished without fuss in search for quick runs, and Redgrave posted a very respectable total of 206-9.
The Redgrave opening bowlers had their tails up from the start, and exploited bounce in the wicket. Mark Williamson, usually so accurate, was more aggressive than usual, and it paid off when he took an easy caught and bowled to dislodge Anderson-Brown in the first over. Robbie West bowled with raw pace and hostility, Nolan was to be his first victim. And he didn't have to wait long for his second, comprehensively cleaning up Holt for nine. Redgrave's charge seemed to be under threat at one point, when Dawson delivered three expensive overs, but then came the match winning bowling change. The tiring West was replaced by Trevor Musk, who tore the heart out of the Wicklewood batting. Bowling with skill and control he finished with figures of 6-17 off 6.1 overs, and along with Prince who picked up a wicket of his own, saw Wicklewood fall to 121 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Redgrave: 206-9 (Williamson 64, Dawson 47) 21 points, beat Wicklewood: 121 all out (Musk 6-17, West 2-21) 4 points, by 85 runs.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140